Life is indeed a stitch!
Berryhill Heirlooms and Susie Gay present techniques, heirloom sewing, hand embroidery and other musings. Come and join in the fun with Susie, a Home Economist, and savor a little rest from your hectic day...and yes, it's a Degree she uses every day!

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Beaded Scissor Fob

Now that the holidays are over and it's January...time to bring out those kits and UFO's (those unfinished objects) that are hanging around. I uncovered this lovely kit, a beaded scissor fob from Fern Ridge Collections that I'd purchased at the EGA's National Seminar 2018 in Louisville. I chose, from their many kits, the Sewing Society Fob.  Everything came in the kit including two needles and Nymo thread. It's adorable and subtly colored. Love the spool design!

Doing something that taxes your brain is a good thing. This one did. I've done peyote stitch before but never using two needles on one thread at the same time. I had a false start then finally got the hang of it. 

Using a small pincushion for the 'unused' needle was the easiest way to keep me, and the beading, straight. Especially when working with tiny Delicas!

After finishing the peyote body I added the top with the lobster claw. Easy!

It's all fun (once you get the hang of the two needle peyote) but the really fun part was adding all the do-dads for the fringe: different size pearls and bicone crystal beads in a range of colors! And a cute spool charm. Here's the first dangle of fringe....7 more to go.

It's good to learn something new, get a kit out of the UFO box, all at the same time! 


What UFO's are you working on this January??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me your comments and thoughts..I would love to hear from you!