I am so pleased with this finish! The colors, the gorgeous Ulster upholstery linen, the design...everything! It's almost too pretty to use. The last finishing steps were the hardest and the most fun.
Back to lacing again after putting the padded side of the board towards the wrong side of the front. I used the heavy polyester thread provided in the kit and kept the thread "running" from the spool on the wood spool holder for the long amount needed (no knotting in between). First one way, then the other way.
The inside cover was pinned to the outside one to get ready for stitching.
Next the cord was pinned to the edges of the Necessity starting at the little opening. Stitching the cord to the edge was the hard part. It took two days to slowly work my way around the rectangle using one strand of supplied embroidery thread to match the cord. Guided by the instructions I placed a piece of tape around the cord a little way from the opening and then cut in between the tape.
I used my "Purple Thang" to push the end into the opening, then repeated to the opposite end of the cord. Both ends we're secured together and to the edges. Whew!
Opposite the cord, on the other side of the case, I made a button loop with pearl cotton over three strands of pearl cotton and then buttonhole stitched over the 3-strand loop.
It's done. Finished! Here's the inside...