Life is indeed a stitch!
Berryhill Heirlooms and Susie Gay present techniques, heirloom sewing, hand embroidery and other musings. Come and join in the fun with Susie, a Home Economist, and savor a little rest from your hectic day...and yes, it's a Degree she uses every day!

Thursday, June 25, 2020

Just Stitch Challenge Day Two!

The Just Stitch Challenge Day Two! is completed. I've worked on and off today on the "Micro-Preemie Baby Booties" from a handout that was given to me in February. I believe it was originally published in SAGA News but I don't know the date or who did the pattern. Maybe someone can enlighten me? They're fun to make in the felt. I loved using my Valdani M20 Variegated #12 pearl cotton in blanket stitch to sew them up.
I finished the little rosebuds on the toe front before blanket stitching them together. Isn't this one sweet? 
To get an idea how very small these are I put them on my 6" ruler....two inches?

And the final product..slightly changed from the directions, but cute. This pair will be donated to the hospital my guild supports with Wee Care gowns, bonnets and now booties!


What have you stitched in our challenge? Jeannie Baumeister at the Old Fashioned Baby is also sponsoring this challenge so check out her blog and Instagram posts at #Juststitchsevendaychallenge.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me your comments and thoughts..I would love to hear from you!