Life is indeed a stitch!
Berryhill Heirlooms and Susie Gay present techniques, heirloom sewing, hand embroidery and other musings. Come and join in the fun with Susie, a Home Economist, and savor a little rest from your hectic day...and yes, it's a Degree she uses every day!

Monday, June 22, 2020

Just Stitch Challenge Day One!

Here's the challenge: just stitch something each day for a week. It can be anything for any length of time. Just take some time out of your day and sit down and stitch something enjoyable just for the sheer pleasure of taking up needle in hand.

Jeannie Baumeister of the Old Fashioned Baby asked me to join her on this challenge. I will post one photo each day on Instagram of what I've done as will Jeannie besides on our blogposts.

I'm working on some very tiny baby booties made from felt. 
I'm embroidering the toe with rosebuds. 
Just tell me what you stitched on, or, post a photo on Instagram.

This challenge joins stitchers together, encouraging us by seeing what everyone stitches, and makes us all spend a little contemplative time stitching. 

2 comments:

  1. The booties already look so sweet; can't wait to see them finished. This week my sewing consists of machine embroidered tea towels. I wanted a quick, fun and practical something to send to my kids to let them know I am thinking of them. Everyone uses tea towels, so why not? I appreciate your blog, Susie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea! Those pretty little booties will be adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Send me your comments and thoughts..I would love to hear from you!