Life is indeed a stitch!
Berryhill Heirlooms and Susie Gay present techniques, heirloom sewing, hand embroidery and other musings. Come and join in the fun with Susie, a Home Economist, and savor a little rest from your hectic day...and yes, it's a Degree she uses every day!

Friday, June 7, 2019

Getting Ready

The California Stitch-In is fast approaching and today is kit day for one of the classes I'm teaching: The Beaded Strawberry Scissor Case.
After assembling all of the parts and pieces on my dining room table I start the process: cut the silk fabric squares, cotton batting, acid-free board. Pretty mundane. The fun part starts when I cut the beautiful silk embroidery ribbons. Then I package the beads...LOVE the beads. They're so pretty and iridescent...the official term is Aurora Borealis. Shades of rainbows. These Japanese seed beads make the prettiest strawberries.
I arrange the kits in piles on my table before final packaging.
Then it's on to the final work: filling the blue folders with needle card, instructions and patterns. And they're ready!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me your comments and thoughts..I would love to hear from you!