Life is indeed a stitch!
Berryhill Heirlooms and Susie Gay present techniques, heirloom sewing, hand embroidery and other musings. Come and join in the fun with Susie, a Home Economist, and savor a little rest from your hectic day...and yes, it's a Degree she uses every day!

Saturday, May 25, 2019

Juggling

I like to juggle projects. I get very bored if I'm working on the same project for too long. I prefer to be really excited about a project or technique even though there are times I have to get something done, like finishing a new class for a deadline (that's now...). The little girls dress (constructed 2 of them) is done and the instructions are almost finished. Lots of work.....

So how do I juggle? I have projects in various stages of completion. And I work on them for short spurts of time between what I have to get done (household chores, cooking, gardening, walking the Big Dog, filling orders). Yesterday I had 1 1/2 hours free so I finished this little girls dress which will go into a Samaritans Purse Christmas Shoe Box.

What other projects are in the pipeline? I'm washing and cutting out 2 more dresses for Christmas Shoe Boxes. I will put each one and any additional supplies into a plastic bag that will be ready when I have some extra time.

Other projects: My Medallion Quilt I've already written about.... 
I've started another quilt Block of the Month with my good friend Jeannie of The Old Fashioned Baby. It's called Cream and Sugar by the Fat Quarter Shop. We just received Month Two. I like the idea of working on this with Jeannie and working monthly on it towards a goal. Here's a photo of Month One (there are two of these blocks).
Then there's a UFO box project from a Phyllis Brown class: a Weary Traveler Pillowcase with lots of hemstitching. This one I work on in front of TV so I feel like I'm accomplishing something.
I count 4 projects in the works. I work on one or two everyday to keep working forward. Of course, this doesn't include the ones rattling around in my head waiting to be put into paper, fabric and stitches. I'd love to hear what projects you're working on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me your comments and thoughts..I would love to hear from you!