Life is indeed a stitch!
Berryhill Heirlooms and Susie Gay present techniques, heirloom sewing, hand embroidery and other musings. Come and join in the fun with Susie, a Home Economist, and savor a little rest from your hectic day...and yes, it's a Degree she uses every day!

Monday, July 3, 2017

Finished EGA Project!!

It feels sooooo good to finish a project. Not only did I finish it, but I stitched up something else to go with it.

A while ago (quite a while ago to be correct) I wrote about the classes I was able to take at the EGA National Seminar last November. This class was the Colors of Abalone Necklace by Linda Chirby of Chirby Designs. I've had this project out on a tray for (gulp) months. I finally said enough was enough. After taking out a section that I had goofed up on, I finished the necklace and I love it. It worked up pretty quickly, too.

I had so many beads left over that I decided I should make a pair of earrings to match using the "bump out" design in the necklace. I had to put my thinking cap on and work the design out as I was beading. And here's the result! I'm pleased with the results. Still have enough beads left over that I could even make a bracelet to go with the set....Hmmmmmm......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me your comments and thoughts..I would love to hear from you!