Life is indeed a stitch!
Berryhill Heirlooms and Susie Gay present techniques, heirloom sewing, hand embroidery and other musings. Come and join in the fun with Susie, a Home Economist, and savor a little rest from your hectic day...and yes, it's a Degree she uses every day!

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Infinity Baby Bonnet

Who doesn't love to see a precious bonnet on an infant? Beautifully stitched, lovingly embroidered and tied with soft silk ribbons? I enjoy making them because they don't take long to make as a small project. I always use motifs from the outfit, whether christening gown or dress, so the bonnet matches.

Here's the one I made for the Infinity Christening Gown:  sweet, simple, easy and, very importantly, adjustable with the casing in the back.

The lace is mitered at the front corners.....
The bonnet is perfect for the gown: elegant and simple at the same time, perfect for a boy or a girl!
The instructions and supplies for the bonnet are included with the kit for the Infinity Christening that I'm teaching at the Boston Stitch Party Retreat. Sign up and join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me your comments and thoughts..I would love to hear from you!