Life is indeed a stitch!
Berryhill Heirlooms and Susie Gay present techniques, heirloom sewing, hand embroidery and other musings. Come and join in the fun with Susie, a Home Economist, and savor a little rest from your hectic day...and yes, it's a Degree she uses every day!

Friday, February 17, 2017

Making Embroidery Easier

I love hand embroidery but sometimes I don't have the right equipment on hand to get the job done quickly and easily. I do love my sit-upon embroidery hoop (the Elbesee Seat Frame). I can have hands free stitching without holding the hoop.

But what is even better is the Elbesee Floor Frame. I just got them in from Britain and I absolutely love mine! It can be adjusted to two different heights. And the 8" hoop on the stalk can be moved up or down to adjust even more. I can sit in any chair and pull the frame up to me and just stitch away at a comfortable height. Much easier on the neck and shoulders! The wood hoop can be tilted back to reach the underside of the embroidery. The floor frame is light (easy to move around) and doesn't take up much room. It's made of beautifully crafted highly polished wood.

Here's a photo with a piece in the hoop that I've been working on, a kit from one of my EGA classes. I can move the stand anywhere to take advantage of the good light. It's a wonderful to sit in front of the fireplace enjoying the fire and stitching. Or I can easily move to another room for strong sunlight. I love it when stitching equipment works for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me your comments and thoughts..I would love to hear from you!