Life is indeed a stitch!
Berryhill Heirlooms and Susie Gay present techniques, heirloom sewing, hand embroidery and other musings. Come and join in the fun with Susie, a Home Economist, and savor a little rest from your hectic day...and yes, it's a Degree she uses every day!

Friday, January 20, 2017

Trailing Looped Bullions

I'm so looking forward to teaching at the Smocking Arts Guild of America Boston Stitch Party Retreat March 30-2 April 2017! I'm teaching my Infinity Christening Gown class complete with bonnet. It's such an unusual gown, perfect for a little girl or boy...restrained and elegant. There are two rows of feather stitch and the Trailing Looped Bullions on the gown's skirt.

Trailing Looped Bullions are an element that I saw on an antique christening gown about 10 years ago and it fascinated me. They "completed" the serpentine row by trailing the thread from one bullion loop to the next because the carrying thread shadows through the Swiss batiste. Very unusual and interesting and something I'd never seen before. I decided to use the design element but changed it by enlarging the serpentine rows.

I'll be covering this unusual technique in the class in beautiful, soft floche thread.  So easy to do and a big impact at the same time! Come to Boston and learn this technique with me and lots of other hand and machine techniques!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me your comments and thoughts..I would love to hear from you!