Life is indeed a stitch!
Berryhill Heirlooms and Susie Gay present techniques, heirloom sewing, hand embroidery and other musings. Come and join in the fun with Susie, a Home Economist, and savor a little rest from your hectic day...and yes, it's a Degree she uses every day!

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

2017 Stitching

Ah.... the year has gotten off to a fast start. I just got back from Sewing at the Beach 2017 in Myrtle Beach, SC this past Sunday. A week of teaching classes, seeing lots of friends and meeting new ones. I taught three classes this time...so much fun! Here's a lovely photo of sunset from my hotel room....gorgeous!
A nice walk on the beach on Saturday afternoon was my treat since the hotel was right on Myrtle Beach! It was so beautiful.....

Now I'm thinking about my stitching plans for the rest of the year....my New Years Dream List. I like to stitch on UFO's during the winter months, so I'll work on kits from classes I took in 2016. Especially in front of the fireplace with some hot tea, the cat in my lap and the dog at my feet.

Flowers for a Fall Evening shawl (designed and taught by Kris Andrews) and the Colors of Abalone Necklace (designed and taught by Linda Chirby) from the two EGA classes I took
are at the top of the list.
Then there are the two white work classes from the Royal School of Needlework In Williamsburg.
There are ideas for magazine articles and new classes to put into thread and onto paper. I'm very grateful to be able to stitch, sew and do what I love. I'd enjoy reading what your stitching goals for 2017 are!

1 comment:

  1. I too have been doing some finishing up of undone projects. It would be fun to sit by the fire with you stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Send me your comments and thoughts..I would love to hear from you!