Life is indeed a stitch!
Berryhill Heirlooms and Susie Gay present techniques, heirloom sewing, hand embroidery and other musings. Come and join in the fun with Susie, a Home Economist, and savor a little rest from your hectic day...and yes, it's a Degree she uses every day!

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

That Featherstitch!

I love featherstitch! Some people don't. They think it's difficult. I don't, but then again I've done a lot of it.

The names are sort of confusing...single featherstitch, double featherstitch, even triple featherstitch! But when you look at a "Single" Featherstitch it doesn't look single. It looks like two rows of "U"s.


Featherstitch can be used in so many places: crazy quilts, baby clothes, blouses, linens. Love it! But the best place of all is a Christening gown...tiny, lovingly placed featherstitches to decorate that special gown for the most important of baby occasions! Here it's used in the bodice of my Infinity Christening Gown in the infinity symbol.

I will teach the featherstitch in my Infinity Christening Gown class at SAGA's "Boston Stitching Party Retreat" March 30- 2 April 2017. Come and join in the fun with lots of other fellow stitchers and sewers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me your comments and thoughts..I would love to hear from you!