Life is indeed a stitch!
Berryhill Heirlooms and Susie Gay present techniques, heirloom sewing, hand embroidery and other musings. Come and join in the fun with Susie, a Home Economist, and savor a little rest from your hectic day...and yes, it's a Degree she uses every day!

Friday, September 9, 2016

Last Project Touches

I really look forward to the last little touches of a project, especially if I've been slogging through one that seems to take forever because of interruptions. I've been working on one of my own creations, The Notions Necessaire. It's part of a raffle basket for the SAGA National Convention. The raffle baskets are a major fund raiser for SAGA. It's good for me to make up one of my patterns every now-and-then to refresh my memory, try some new techniques. And of course I love to play with colorful fabrics...who doesn't? The Notions Necessaire is made from quilting fabrics...four of them. I purchased these wonderful fabrics from Chadwick Heirlooms. Not only does Chadwick's have a wonderful collection of heirloom fabrics, but their quilt fabrics are to die for! Here's the pincushion and emery (above) that sits inside the Spool Keeper. It's so cute in these fabrics!

Adding the spools of thread to the Spool Keeper adds more color to the project and goodies to the raffle basket.
I like to add beads to the Necessaire's satin ties. These were at a chain fabric store...large enough holes for the cord to slip through.





I so love it when a project comes together! Who knows what else I will add to this raffle basket?

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I'll definitely have to put some tickets in for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terribly cute! I love the pincushion with the thread holder.

    ReplyDelete

Send me your comments and thoughts..I would love to hear from you!