Life is indeed a stitch!
Berryhill Heirlooms and Susie Gay present techniques, heirloom sewing, hand embroidery and other musings. Come and join in the fun with Susie, a Home Economist, and savor a little rest from your hectic day...and yes, it's a Degree she uses every day!

Thursday, March 5, 2020

Silk Scene Framed!

The Silk Scene is framed! I took it to Hampton Roads Wholesalers (where I buy some of my supplies) to have it professionally framed because it was an odd size. They did a wonderful job with it and I'm glad it's done. It's so nice to have them just across the river (the James, that is) in Newport News, VA.

They weren't used to seeing silk ribbon embroidery as something to be framed...probably had never seen it. Counted cross stitch, yes, but not this. And I had prepared it correctly by lacing it onto the padded mat board. That saved a lot of money. The framer suggested the mats and the frame to compliment the work which wasn't one I would have chosen, but it works well.
It's first public display will be next week at the workshop I'm teaching for the Cardinal Chapter of SAGA . I'm teaching my The Silk Ribbon Embroidery Sampler Class

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me your comments and thoughts..I would love to hear from you!