Life is indeed a stitch!
Berryhill Heirlooms and Susie Gay present techniques, heirloom sewing, hand embroidery and other musings. Come and join in the fun with Susie, a Home Economist, and savor a little rest from your hectic day...and yes, it's a Degree she uses every day!

Sunday, July 21, 2019

Beaded Featherstitch

I'm having fun finishing a Lingerie & Jewelry Case set that I used as a teaching aid while teaching my class at the California Stitch-In (a SAGA event) in June. This one is blue silk gingham....love the difference compared to the black and white one. There's a little Beaded Featherstitch in the silk ribbon embroidery motifs: beaded bling!

This is a single featherstitch so it's one "u" on each side of an imaginary line. I'm using one strand of green floss and one clear AB #11 seed bead (the embroidery is hooped in my floor stand). I load up one bead on my thread and (in this case) start my "u" on the right side of the imaginary line and go to the back.
Now I bring up up my needle at the bottom of the "u" and inside the loose thread loop. But I make sure the bead will be on the outside of the "u" as I pull up the thread.
Here's the result...it's pretty and not too sparkly.
Enjoy a little look at the other motifs on the Jewelry Case...


Happy Stitching to you!

1 comment:

Send me your comments and thoughts..I would love to hear from you!