Life is indeed a stitch!
Berryhill Heirlooms and Susie Gay present techniques, heirloom sewing, hand embroidery and other musings. Come and join in the fun with Susie, a Home Economist, and savor a little rest from your hectic day...and yes, it's a Degree she uses every day!

Sunday, July 22, 2018

RSN Whitework Button 2

I've been purposefully working on the Scabiosa Whitework Button, designed by Jenny Adin-Christie,  a little each day as promised.  I've completed the padding on the half petals, all three layers, with two of Long Split Stitch. These petals have some serious contouring! And have just finished the slanted Satin Stitch Petals with the satin stitch over top of the padding using Retors 8 (an S-twist thread)......Whew!
Next is the Ladder Stitch Outline, some done in class over a year ago. You can see it in the photo below at the top: it's that curved row of little square holes...looks a little like entredeux. I will have to reacquaint myself with the instructions but it shouldn't be too difficult. Jenny's instructions are absolutely wonderful!

The last step is to complete the filling between the petals with either cutwork (you can see the one completed cutwork in the photo above) or I can put in free eyelets to fill the triangle area, or some of both. Tomorrow I'll work the cutwork.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me your comments and thoughts..I would love to hear from you!