Life is indeed a stitch!
Berryhill Heirlooms and Susie Gay present techniques, heirloom sewing, hand embroidery and other musings. Come and join in the fun with Susie, a Home Economist, and savor a little rest from your hectic day...and yes, it's a Degree she uses every day!

Friday, May 19, 2023

72 Quilt Blocks

 Yeah!! The seventy-two 8" quilt blocks are completed. The last three blocks were so easy compared to the first ones while figuring out the incorrect instructions in the book. I've been sewing them on my 1935 Featherweight and folding table which is so much fun. 

Pinning and piecing those three...

The Stack of all those 72 blocks!

But now I have to sew them all together to make the center of the quilt. Here the blocks are layered on a queen bed in our guest room. I've played with the color spread making sure I don't have too many of the same color family together. 

It's best for me to play with them, then walk away and come back the next day.
There are several borders that get stitched on after the 72 are all sewn together. A project that keeps on giving and challenging!
Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me your comments and thoughts..I would love to hear from you!