Life is indeed a stitch!
Berryhill Heirlooms and Susie Gay present techniques, heirloom sewing, hand embroidery and other musings. Come and join in the fun with Susie, a Home Economist, and savor a little rest from your hectic day...and yes, it's a Degree she uses every day!

Thursday, November 15, 2018

Gifted Box of Goodies

Every now and then someone comes to me and asks if I want something sewing related that has been cleaned out from a relative's house. Word has gotten around that I appreciate old laces, old baby clothing and other items. Today I was gifted with this box of crotchet and tatting supplies with a nice little extra surprise.
This is an amazing array of old threads, cotton and rayon. The colors are really beautiful...much more of a color selection than what seems to be available today. The little tatting balls on the bag measure just a little more than one inch in diameter and are "Star Six Cord Tatting" that is "fast color, will boil".

One of the balls had a label tucked inside. It advertises projects and instruction booklets that you could buy for a grand price of ten cents each! Looking at the photos I assume this ball dates to the 1940-1950's.
Here are the projects and their booklet numbers.
But the surprise in the bag was this Singer Sewing Machine Attachment booklet that is tattered and brittle, but oh so interesting! More about this little gem in my next post.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me your comments and thoughts..I would love to hear from you!