Life is indeed a stitch!
Berryhill Heirlooms and Susie Gay present techniques, heirloom sewing, hand embroidery and other musings. Come and join in the fun with Susie, a Home Economist, and savor a little rest from your hectic day...and yes, it's a Degree she uses every day!

Saturday, November 10, 2018

A Project Finish

I believe this is the first time I've finished a class project so quickly: 40 days. I took the class at the Embroiderers Guild of America National Seminar on 30 Sep. Not too shabby! I kept plugging away on this one a little each day between a lot of other activities. Completed just in time for cold weather. Love it!
These are  Deborah Gale Tirico's Wool Appliqué Fingertip Gloves.
I worked slowly on each glove basting each little wool felt piece in position. Deborah's kit was well organized with the Appleton wool threads in the little card and the needle "book" stapled to it. The plastic bag, also stapled, had the beads, buttons and velcro patches. 

I finished the design on this glove with the beads, then proceeded with the next one.
After attaching the thumbs with buttonhole stitch in a variegated cotton thread, I did the same with the rest of the glove. The finger gussets are buttonhole stitched, too, along with the button tabs. Love the sparkly little turquoise buttons on these Better seen in the top photo). These fingertip gloves will be very warm and handy this winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me your comments and thoughts..I would love to hear from you!