Life is indeed a stitch!
Berryhill Heirlooms and Susie Gay present techniques, heirloom sewing, hand embroidery and other musings. Come and join in the fun with Susie, a Home Economist, and savor a little rest from your hectic day...and yes, it's a Degree she uses every day!

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Another Gorgeous Sewing Room

When I travel the country to teach I get to stay with wonderful fellow sewers and stitchers. My hosts are always gracious, kind and give me lots of inspiration when I get to see where they create. While in Texas I stayed with Wendy, the president of the Lone Star Smockers, a Texas chapter of SAGA. Talk about a sewing room.......She has a wonderful, large space to spread out in after living in a house that only allowed her limited sewing space. Here are some photos of her great sewing room:

I love this arrangement on a shelf. The lace wound bobbins are so cute, and just as she bought them. The needle case goes perfectly with them, and I love the sheep on the right!




This ornament tree displays all hand made ones. Some of them her sister made out of beads
Talk about a notions wall!! It would be so easy to find the needed notion with this arrangement....I wish I had enough wall space to do this.
And look at this wonderful built-in. There are fabrics carefully folded on the comic book card boards (acid free, of course), books artfully arranged and organized, "pretties" and so much more.
What inspiration did I get from seeing this lovely room? I've ordered a wall spool rack (to arrive soon), a doll dress rack for my 18" doll clothing samples that are currently just laying around on my file cabinet, and I think a little straightening and re-organizing is in order!  Thank you, Wendy, for sharing your beautiful sewing room with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me your comments and thoughts..I would love to hear from you!