Life is indeed a stitch!
Berryhill Heirlooms and Susie Gay present techniques, heirloom sewing, hand embroidery and other musings. Come and join in the fun with Susie, a Home Economist, and savor a little rest from your hectic day...and yes, it's a Degree she uses every day!

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Kit Assembly Line

I'm making lots of kits in preparation for teaching the Purse Reticule in two weeks up in Alexandria, VA for the Alexandria Fine Stitchers.
It's lots of fun ordering supplies, cutting up acid free boards, measuring fabrics and playing with ribbons...lots of ribbons! This is what my dining room table looks like when I'm in progress.
Here's the big box of DMC thread (not the box with the DMC Machine Embroidery Thread!).....And this is after I put 12 skeins of floss in each kit!
A chest covered with bits and pieces ready to be bagged up when the piles on the dining room table are completed.
This is a pile of gold etched quilt fabrics after I've cut pieces for the kits......
And I still have to make the emery bags and measure out 4 different colors of seed beads for each kit.
And print out the patterns and put the needle cards together. Never a dull moment around here. Good thing we don't have friends coming over for dinner in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me your comments and thoughts..I would love to hear from you!