Life is indeed a stitch!
Berryhill Heirlooms and Susie Gay present techniques, heirloom sewing, hand embroidery and other musings. Come and join in the fun with Susie, a Home Economist, and savor a little rest from your hectic day...and yes, it's a Degree she uses every day!

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

A Quilting Adventure

On my way up to Boston for the SAGA Boston Stitch Retreat I took a side trip along with my good friend and fellow teacher, Jeannie Baumeister of the Old Fashioned Baby. It was her idea to do the side trip (thank you Jeannie!) and I'm grateful for the opportunity to visit Keepsake Quilting as I had a project laying in the wings waiting for the perfect fabrics. I have ordered from them in the past and always wanted to go to the store.

First of all we had an interesting drive up into the lake district of New Hampshire after landing in Boston (GPS worked most of the time....). Beautiful scenery, piles of snow, lovely forests and interesting New England architecture were the order of the day. This is the building across the street from the Keepsake Quilting store. Notice the "widow's walk" on the roof.
 Here's the actual Keepsake Quilting Store. So big and SO full of lots of beautiful fabrics!!!
Inside the well-lit store are bolts, bolts and more bolts....and even an entire sale room filled with bolts, kits, backings and other goodies. Here's one view of the main store.
And another....
They also had wonderful "jelly rolls", charm packs, books and beautiful baskets made in New Hampshire.
So much to see, so little time, but we managed to make it count. I think we spent about 4-5 hours in the store. I found the perfect fabrics for my quilt. I'll share those in my next post!

1 comment:

Send me your comments and thoughts..I would love to hear from you!