Last Spring our grandkids visited, and the girls went through the closet in the guest room (as curious girls will do). That's where I keep our daughter's smocked and French hand sewn garments that I made way-back-when. (I have not been allowed to get them out of the house yet...) The girls discovered two smocked nightgowns I had made for our daughter and they pleaded and begged if they could have them. Of course I said yes! They have absolutely adored wearing them (who knew?).
So for Easter I'm making them each a smocked nightgown and a matching nightgown for their 18" dolls. I had to re-construct the "pattern" for them because I didn't have it any more. It was easy to do. All it had was an armscye to trace onto fabric, measurements for length and width per size, stay and strap measurements, and how many rows to pleat and smock. Then I had to figure out the "pattern" for the doll nightgowns.
I chose easy smocking designs for both front and back of the nightgowns. A 65/35 blend for both batiste and lace makes them very easy care. But I had to "downsize" the smocking designs for the doll nightgown: basically it had to be a suggestion of the girls' nightgown. Here's the result: