Life is indeed a stitch!
Berryhill Heirlooms and Susie Gay present techniques, heirloom sewing, hand embroidery and other musings. Come and join in the fun with Susie, a Home Economist, and savor a little rest from your hectic day...and yes, it's a Degree she uses every day!

Monday, March 6, 2023

Sewing Room Chaos!

 Chaos...yes, it's that time of year when I have WAY too many projects going. Just look at my desk: gift tags out of old Christmas cards in the white basket (saved from a strawberry picking excursion...love those baskets!), a baby Children's Corner Jeffrey in blue with smocked wagons and bears for my new great-great nephew, a large Jan Kerton UFO in the plastic container, the start of another Classic Sewing Magazine article, mending over the chair and a pile of books on quilting that someone gave me. Does your sewing room look like this??

Don't even mention the paperwork and reading to the left of the computer. Never ends.

My article for the Fall issue of Classic Sewing will feature this beautiful Liberty Lawn (Lillibet B: love the colors). I purchased it from The Sewing Room in Birmingham, AL. It's been pre-shrunk this afternoon so I'm ironing it out to get ready to lay out the pattern. 

Good thing, too, since I noticed the print is a one-way design! The project and write-up is due 1 April....folks don't realize how early these articles have to be submitted. 

As soon as this one is packed up and sent off I have to start thinking about the Christmas submittal....in April!! Never a dull moment around here. Maybe I'll have enough time to clean up my sewing room before starting that article. Happy Stitching and Sewing everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me your comments and thoughts..I would love to hear from you!