Life is indeed a stitch!
Berryhill Heirlooms and Susie Gay present techniques, heirloom sewing, hand embroidery and other musings. Come and join in the fun with Susie, a Home Economist, and savor a little rest from your hectic day...and yes, it's a Degree she uses every day!

Saturday, August 6, 2022

Project Mania

 Projects, projects, projects.......so many too do and not really enough time for them all!

Lots of projects keep me busy, out of trouble and on my toes so to speak. Too many and I'm overloaded but that's another story. I like to keep busy with a few projects so I'm not bored. My sewing room/office looks like it, too.

I work on two or three items each day. The projects right now?? Well....I'm working on another article for Classic Sewing Magazine probably for the next summer issue. I stitch a little on the design, then come back to it and critique the colors, stitches, and overall design idea. This is after I've drawn it out in my idea book and written down ideas and construction points. 

Then there are the two different scissor cases I've designed to be included in a larger project which I work on every few days. Yes, I know the photo is not good...I want to keep these two projects protected and clean.

Supplies have been ordered for the classes I'm teaching at the SAGA Convention this October. It takes a while to figure out exactly what's needed for them between what I already have in stock and what I have to order...about a week of figuring and actual ordering, and hoping everything is available what with all the supply chain issues lately!

The Silk Ribbon Embroidery Sampler class is ready to go. I'm assembling kits for the Springtime Jewelry Bag class seen in my dining room here....This is the second class I've 'kitted' out.


I have another one to go....The Purse Reticule is the last one and the most challenging one. It takes at least two whole days to put the kits together. Thank goodness I'm starting two months before the event! There is still time to register for the Convention is you want to attend. You can access information here to sign up or just learn about what we members do at the Smocking Arts Guild of America Convention.


Happy Stitching and stay cool!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me your comments and thoughts..I would love to hear from you!