Life is indeed a stitch!
Berryhill Heirlooms and Susie Gay present techniques, heirloom sewing, hand embroidery and other musings. Come and join in the fun with Susie, a Home Economist, and savor a little rest from your hectic day...and yes, it's a Degree she uses every day!

Thursday, December 20, 2018

Sewficiently Machine Mat 2019

Stitchin' at the Beach 2019 is right around the corner starting January 5th so I've got to get busy on my Raffle Basket contribution: another one of my Sewficiently Machine Mats, a class that I'm teaching at this wonderful event. I've had the fabrics for a while, lovely coordinating aqua cottons just right for this project.
First step is to cut all the pieces out and choose the machine embroidery threads. Then I get the machine ready, fill bobbins and prepare the double folded bias tape. If I'm not going to sew the double bias rights away I like to wind it on cardboard to keep it neat.
I love using pre-quilted fabric for the mat...lets me put my creativity into embroidery and fabric stripping using selvages for added interest. Here the pockets are stitched on the pocket foundation, bias sewn to both the pockets and vinyl.
Now on to the Pincushion made from the strip block leftovers. Hook and loop tape sewn to the back and mat to make it easy to remove the pincushion.
The Thread Catcher is completed and hangs from a button and loop, easy to remove for emptying!
Ah.....it's done!! I love the colors on this 28"-wide Sewficiently Sewing Machine Mat.  This will make a great raffle prize at Stitchin' at the Beach 2019 along with some other goodies I will add.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me your comments and thoughts..I would love to hear from you!