Life is indeed a stitch!
Berryhill Heirlooms and Susie Gay present techniques, heirloom sewing, hand embroidery and other musings. Come and join in the fun with Susie, a Home Economist, and savor a little rest from your hectic day...and yes, it's a Degree she uses every day!

Thursday, October 5, 2017

Carrot Time

I absolutely love what I do and am grateful everyday that I can stitch, sew, embroider and design when I want to...which usually is each day! But when I have a big project....that drags on and on...then I have to use other tactics to get myself to finish it: carrots. Dangling out there to bribe myself to get more work done on that BIG project, the Christening Gown.
 

Carrots are rewards. Kind of like treats are for my big Golden boy named Barley to get him to do something he really doesn't want to do. So what carrot am I using today? This gorgeous wool shawl project from a class at the Embroiderers Guild of America National Seminar last year. It's called "Flowers for a Fall Evening" designed and taught by Kris Andrews.  Here she is demonstrating on a student's green shawl.



I'm slowly improving on the Long and Short Stitch used in the flowers and leaves. I've finished the yellow Lily side...love it!
Now I'm working on the Red Poppy side and just completed the big poppy, beads and all.

I still have to finish the vines, leaves and poppy bud (not to mention lining the shawl and beading the ends). But a little a day in between working on the ivory and white version of the Elegance Christening Gown is all I need to make determined progress on both. Soon this carrot will turn into a big bunch of carrots, and a completed project in no time at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me your comments and thoughts..I would love to hear from you!