Life is indeed a stitch!
Berryhill Heirlooms and Susie Gay present techniques, heirloom sewing, hand embroidery and other musings. Come and join in the fun with Susie, a Home Economist, and savor a little rest from your hectic day...and yes, it's a Degree she uses every day!

Friday, October 23, 2020

Finished Sewing Room!

 Well, ALMOST completed sewing room. After putting in the IKEA desk and drawer unit plus the Pressing Cart, I decided I needed to upgrade my file cabinet. So I spent time cleaning out and organizing files...files of wholesale vendors and SAGA information. Then there were the files of projects, patterns instructions, articles and general ephemera of doing what I do. Out went two grocery bags of paper to the recycling bin. Whew! Never knew I had that much "junk" in those files! Here's the area with the old filing cabinet behind the door...filled with rolls of fabric, dolls, rack of doll clothing and a ribbon holder somewhere underneath. It's crowded in my small room but the new Alex cabinet will make it neater and better organized.


The need to clean out was two-fold: the drawer/file unit I bought from Ikea has only one file drawer and three drawers. And the files badly needed an upgrade of organization. The ALEX drawer unit matches my other wider unit next to my Ikea desk. It blends and looks like I had a professional decorator design the room. 
Skip listin

Skip listingALEX drawer unit/drop file storage white 14 1/8 " 22 7/8 " 27 1/2 "

Putting the unit together was easy...

Count out the parts and get ready to put it together.


Put the outside box together.
Build the three top drawers and secure to inside drawer rails.
Finished file drawer is ready for securing to side rails. 
But moving the files from the old cabinet to new was another matter! 
I threw out more old vendor catalogs, files, file folders....
But the new cabinet is finished, filled and ready for more organized work!
It's much better now. I think I'm finally done with "remodeling" my wonderful sewing room haven!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me your comments and thoughts..I would love to hear from you!