Life is indeed a stitch!
Berryhill Heirlooms and Susie Gay present techniques, heirloom sewing, hand embroidery and other musings. Come and join in the fun with Susie, a Home Economist, and savor a little rest from your hectic day...and yes, it's a Degree she uses every day!

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Easter Nightgowns Finished!

I absolutely love it when I get a project done! Especially if it's just in time for Easter. I was smocking on this pink nightgown while traveling to and fro from the SAGA Boston Stitch Party Retreat just a few days ago. I smocked in the airports and on the planes, at night in the hotel rooms....just to get them done in time to ship to the grandchildren.
This pretty pink nightgown is for our oldest granddaughter. The back is also smocked in a different, faster-to-smock design in the same colors (just like the yellow ones). She can wear either design as the front...whichever she chooses. The fabric is Imperial Batiste ( a cotton/poly blend) with a cotton/poly lace. Of course, there's a matching gown for her 18" doll with designs that mimic her gown, but in smaller scale. Both gowns are my patterns.
So the yellow nightgowns I wrote about earlier are for our younger granddaughter. These pink ones are the favorite color of our older one.
Now it's off to the Post Office to mail the gowns and some Easter candy to the grandchildren......and on to the next project!

1 comment:

Send me your comments and thoughts..I would love to hear from you!