Life is indeed a stitch!
Berryhill Heirlooms and Susie Gay present techniques, heirloom sewing, hand embroidery and other musings. Come and join in the fun with Susie, a Home Economist, and savor a little rest from your hectic day...and yes, it's a Degree she uses every day!

Friday, November 11, 2016

EGA National Seminar

This has been the year for continuing education for me. I just got back from the Embroiderers Guild of America (EGA) National Seminar which was held in Alexandria, Virginia this year. What a wonderful event attended by so many fellow needle enthusiasts. I was able to take two classes so I experimented outside my usual realm of preferred projects. The one-day class on Wednesday was what I call bead weaving....this was a beautiful beaded necklace using Nymo thread, needle and various seed beads and Czech fire polish beads.

It took a while for me to get my "sea legs" (or should I say "bead legs"). Getting started was the hardest, but once started correctly, it's the same stitch (herringbone in this case) going around and around. Repetition pretty much. Easy to do in front of TV as long as the cat doesn't want to be in my lap......

The teacher was Linda Chirby of Chirby Designs. Here she is working with a fellow student.

The class was called "Colors of Abalone Necklace". So pretty with colors of black, opalescent turquoise, green/turquoise...love the colors!

I've gotten this far on it with  more to go. I think I have the hang of it. Now all I have to do is find time to finish it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me your comments and thoughts..I would love to hear from you!